Last revised on May 12, 2008
By registering as a member of The Graduate Acting Alumni Association Website (known hereafter as the “Site”), you are certifying that you are an alumnus of the NYU Tisch School of the Arts Graduate Acting Program or a BFA or MFA recipient in Acting or Directing from the School of the Arts at New York University. Any person granted membership who is not an alumnus of the aforementioned programs will have their names and profile information clearly visible to all other members on the website on the pull-down menu of the class rosters.
By registering to the Site, you acknowledge that your personal information will be added to the Graduate Acting Alumni Association database. The Graduate Acting Alumni Association (known hereafter as “GAAA”) may use this information to send you email and/or snail mail on items that GAAA believes will interest you as alumni of the program. You may decide what information you would like to receive by setting your preferences on your Member Profile once registered.
We enjoy a cooperative and mutually beneficial relationship with the Tisch School of the Arts and thereby retain our 501c3 status through them.
As a member of the site, you agree not to reproduce any text, media, or information on other websites without the express written consent of GAAA.
GAAA reserves the right but not the obligation to monitor, move, edit or remove any content at any time and without notice if we believe that (i) the content violates these Terms of Service or our Rules of Conduct, (ii) removal is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of GAAA, its users and the public, or (iii) if required to do so by law. We also reserve the right to remove postings that are off the subject or not in English. We can also remove content if we believe that doing so will improve our Site and the experience of our members.
As an online community, we will thrive only if we can rely on our members to act responsibly. We believe that all members benefit from basic rules for acceptable conduct while using the Site and its services. These rules are listed below as “Rules of Conduct.” By using the Site, you agree to comply with these rules.
GAAA may occasionally amend the Terms of Service. The most recent version will be posted here with the date of its inception.
The following are rules you should keep in mind when using this site. Failure to follow these rules can result in suspension, or even termination, of your account.
Rules of Conduct
- Be truthful.
- Be sensitive about sharing personal information, yours and others.
- Be respectful of others, especially when disagreeing with them.
- Debate is great, but it should be done in a constructive way.
- Don’t harass or personally attack others.
- No ganging up.
- Slurs, stereotyping, and hate speech are not tolerated.
- Don’t annoy others by posting the same thing again and again.
- If you’re going to post something controversial, be prepared for others to disagree with you or your ideas.
- Don’t post something just to inflame others.
- Post advertisements and promotions in the appropriately designated areas.
- If you suspect that someone on the site is an imposter or not legitimate, report the problem to an administrator and we will deal with it.
- Help us keep the Forums orderly by reporting any problems you see on the site, including posts that break these rules.
- Don’t do anything criminal or illegal on the GAAA Website or encourage anyone else to do so.